The "slow season" has finally arrived and all the things that photographers push onto the back burner are finally on the list of things to get done. My intentions for the off season were to update my website, get my taxes in order, order new sample albums, and blog a lot of stuff that was missed last year. You know how much of that I've done? ZERO.
Part of me is ashamed, part of me thinks I deserve a full spa treatment every day just for the fact that I survived 35 weddings last year. ;)
Here's what I've really been up to....
- I watched all of Making A Murderer. While Steven Avery may be guilty, he did not receive a fair trial and there was definitely some evidence tampering. What happened to his nephew Brendan Dassey is one of the most painful things I've ever watched.
- I have read 6 books since December. It's been absolutely amazing. I forgot how much I enjoyed reading. My goal for this year is to read 20 fiction and 20 nonfiction books but at this rate I'll easily surpass that.
- I've spent a lot of time working on getting better systems in place for 2016. I have updated my client communication guidelines and streamlined ways to reduce the amount of time I spend emailing.
- I've enrolled in a few design courses online which is really fun. My skills in Photoshop were pretty limited to photo retouching so I'm figuring out layers and masks in addition to more complicated things in Indesign.
- I've been dealing with several issues with my car so I'm in the process of buying a new one. I don't have the kind of job where I can call in sick if my car doesn't start plus I'm a chronic worrier so I just need one less thing to have to think about.
- I've done a lot of events and work on my little side project, Bojangle Booth. What started out as a small venture has quickly grown into something that's hugely in demand and keeping me pretty busy.
Stay warm my friends!