I meant to post this a few days ago but I've spent the past week in New Orleans and also shot a gorgeous wedding in Ft. Worth on Saturday so I've spent a few days decompressing. I always say I'm going to make changes at the beginning of each year, but I always forget my resolutions and probably never accomplish any of them. I've heard it helps to write them down so here goes...
1. Stop washing my hair every day. My hair gets super gross after one day but I recently bought some Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo and this stuff is amazing. It's a miracle. Miracle! So yeah, I'm trying to wean myself down to washing 2-3 days a week so my hairs don't all fade and fall out.
2. Blog more regularly I've already mentioned how terrible I am at this.
3. Walk my dogs more often. Rush and Bo are great apartment dogs, but they also LOVE going on long walks. I feel guilty on the days that they are inside all day.
4. Be a better photographer There's a lot of things related to this that I'd like to improve on this year. I hope I never stop growing and getting better so rather than pointing out specifics, I'd prefer to say that I hope I can see a noticeable difference in the quality of my work at the end of this year.
5. Get a passport and go somewhere that is not the US of A. I've never traveled abroad and 2014 is going to be the year that it happens. I'm waiting to plan details until my wedding calendar is completely full (it's almost there) so once I know the dates I'm booked up I will schedule a super awesome vacation around it. I'm thinking Paris. maybe.
6. Lose weight. 30-ish pounds to be exact. I never gained weight in college, but once I graduated and started sitting in an office all day it slowly crept on. I'm not going to say that I'm going to the gym, because I never do even when I pay for a gym membership so I plan on doing this through counting calories alone. Maybe one day I'll like working out. Today is not that day.
7. Lay off of social media. I am addicted. I admit it. It's not healthy. I spent too much time on my phone, my iPad, and my computer. If I had back the hours I have wasted on Facebook I would be really really awesome at something. I do use social media a lot in my business so I can't step away from it completely, but making a conscious effort to cut back is a step in the right direction.
Since all posts are better with a photo, here's a sneak peek from this past weekend's wedding at Rose Chapel in Ft. Worth.